- 1 slice light wheat bread, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 pound ground turkey (dark meat)
- 1/2 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup Onion and Garlic Mix
- 1/2 cup Broccoli and Red Bell Pepper Mix
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 egg whites
- 4 1/2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 4 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350°.
Onion and Garlic Mix: Finely dice 3 large onions and 5 cloves garlic. Heat a heavy-bottomed skillet over high heat. Add 1 tbsp oil. Cook garlic and onion, stirring occasionally, until soft, 6 minutes.
Broccoli and Red Bell Pepper Mix: Finely dice 1 head broccoli and 3 large red bell peppers, seeded and cored. Heat a heavy-bottomed skillet over high heat. Add 1 tbsp oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables turn slightly brown, 3 minutes.
Loaves Soak bread and milk in a bowl for 10 minutes. Combine remaining loaf ingredients in another bowl; add bread and milk; mix well. Scoop 1/3 cup of mixture into each of 7 nonstick muffin tin cups. Bake 10 minutes.
Quick tip: While loaves bake, prepare glaze by combining all glaze ingredients in a bowl.
Spread 1 tbsp glaze on each loaf. Continue to bake until internal temperature reaches 160°, 15 to 20 minutes more.
Remove loaves from oven; let cool. If not serving immediately, cover remaining loaves and freeze.
To reheat Microwave on high 3 minutes or bake at 375° for 30 minutes.
349 calories per serving, 16.9 g fat (4.4 g saturated), 22 g carbs, 5 g fiber, 29 g protein
Reference: self.com/October 2009